PARENT / GUARDIAN TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document and its terms and conditions. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.
In Consideration of the services of Michigan Church of God Camp & Michigan Church of God Executive Office, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as “MICOG”) I hereby agree to release, indemnify and discharge MICOG, on behalf of my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative, and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that outdoor adventure based activities such as ropes, challenge courses, or rock wall activities, missions project, paintball, go-carts, or all other physical activities entail known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
The risks include, among other things: This program is based on the “challenge by choice” principle. At any time you and/or your group are free to withdraw from participation in ropes course , challenge courses or rock wall activities, missions project, paintball, go-carts, or all other physical activities and its potential for: slips and falls and falling; rope burns; accidental drowning, pinches, scrapes, twists and jolts that could result in scratches, bruising, sprains, lacerations, fractures, concussions, or stings, allergies, and associated diseases.
Furthermore, MICOG employees have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant’s fitness or abilities. They might misjudge the weather or other environmental conditions. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
2. I expressly agree to assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate fully aware of the risks.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless MICOG from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of MICOG’s equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of MICOG.
4. Should MICOG or any one acting on their behalf, be required to incur legal fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I assume the risk of any medical or physical conditions I may have.
6. In the event that I or my representative files a lawsuit against MICOG, I agree to do so solely in the state of Michigan, and I further agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining document shall remain in full force and effect.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against MICOG on the basis of any claim from which I have released from herein.
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.
I hereby give my child permission to attend and participate in Michigan Church of God Youth Camp. I hereby waive, release, and discharge any and all claims, demands, and causes of action against Camp Officials, the Church of God in Michigan, and the International Offices of the Church of God, their agents, employees, and participants arising from any damages, property loss, or injury my child sustains at Michigan Church of God Youth Camp. I further consent to allow Camp Officials to seek and obtain emergency medical or surgical treatment for my child should my child need medical treatment. I fully understand that my family’s insurance is the primary carrier for all accidents incurred at camp and the camp’s insurance is the secondary carrier.